The original text was written in Japanese. If any discrepancies should arise between the Japanese and
English texts, the former shall prevail at all times.
Arranged Tour Terms and Conditions
Chapter 1 – Application Conditions
(1) Time Design Co., Ltd. (1-18-14 Ebisu, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, JAPAN, licensed by Japan Tourism Agency, License No. 1977, hereinafter referred to as “the company”) makes arrangements, the customer and the company will enter a travel contract.
(2) The company, commissioned by the customer, makes arrangements so that the customer can receive services for transportation, accommodation, and other services for travel provided by transportation/accommodation services and/or facilities by acting as a representative, as an intermediary, or as an agent, on behalf of the customer.
(3) In arranging a booking, the company will charge a travel business handling fee in addition to the fare, fee, and other expenses paid to the Travel Service Provider.
(4) The contents and conditions of the Tour Contract shall be in accordance with the Tour Terms and Conditions and the terms defined in the Time Design Co., Ltd. Standard Terms and Conditions of Travel Contracts (hereinafter referred to as “Company Terms and Conditions”).
(5) When the company has made arrangements for Travel Services, the performance of the company’s obligations based on the Tour Contract is deemed complete. Accordingly, even if the customer was unable to enter into an agreement with a Travel Service Provider for providing Travel Services by transportation/accommodation services, the customer must pay to the company the defined Handling Fee if the company has fulfilled its obligations.
Chapter 2 – Application Conditions
(1) A Customer who intends to subscribe for a providing Travel Services by transportation/accommodation services must fill out and submit a contract online (hereinafter referred to as “Online Input”) in a method prescribed by the company on the website (hereinafter referred to as “Website”).
(2) In arrangement for Organizations and Groups the company will consider the Contract Representative as the person holding all the power representation concerning the execution of the Arranged Tour Contract.
Chapter 3 – Application Conditions and Establishment of Tour Contract
(1) The company may execute a Tour Contract by subscription through telephone, mail, facsimile or other means of communication (hereinafter referred to as “Communication Contract”) with a credit card company partnered with the company (hereinafter referred to as “Partnered Company”) on condition that it receives payment of the travel fee, etc., from a member’s credit card without the signature of the member on a prescribed slip. However, the company may not accept an application when the company does not have a franchise contract including special provision for acceptance of unsigned card, or due to other circumstances of the company’s business.
(2) At the time of application for Communication Contract, the customer shall notify the company of the name of the card, membership number, card expiration date, etc.
(3) Communication Contract shall be executed when the e-mail which notify of payment completion confirmation (Payment Confirmation Mail) arrives to the customer. However, if the customer cannot confirm the Electronic Notice of Acceptance after sending request the customer needs to confirm the execution of the Communication Contract through my page (Reservation Confirmation Page) of his/her account by his/herself or contacting to the company because the contract will be considered to be executed when the said notification reaches to the customer even if an e-mail notification (Payment Confirmation Mail) is not confirmed the receipt because of the circumstance of the customer such as a defect of the receiving terminal.
(4) The company shall send the Reservation Confirmation (The Billing Statement) immediately.
(5) The date on which the customer and the company shall perform the payment of the travel fee, etc. or payment return obligation (Card Use Day) based on the Communications Contract shall be as the Contract establishment date for the former, the date the customer notified the company of the cancellation of the Contract for the latter .
(6) The company can refuse to execute the application if settlement cannot be completed with the customer’s credit card notwithstanding his/her request.
(7) The company may not accept the application where the customer proved to be as a gang member, an associate gang member, a person or a company related to crime syndicates, a corporate racketeer or any other antisocial forces.
(8) The company may not accept the application where the customer makes a demand to us using forceful behaviors, makes unjust claims to us, makes use of threatening acts or statements or violent acts or behavior in connection with any transaction between the parties, makes use of or other acts or behavior equivalent to these;
(9) The company may not accept an application due to other circumstances of the company’s business.
Chapter 4 – Application Conditions
(1) If the customer is under 20 years of age at the time of application, consent of a person with parental authority is required.
(2) If the customer is in ill health, having physical handicaps, pregnancy, needs help of assistance dogs or other special care, please notify us. The company will cope with that as much as possible. The expenses where the company spent for the special measures based on the request from the customer should be paid by the customer.
(3) Furthermore, the company may not accept an application due to other circumstances of the company’s business.
Chapter 5 – Change in Tour Contract Contents
In case the customer will change the contents of the Tour Contract Contents and it can be changed, the company accept the change after the confirmation to the accommodations or airlines. (Part of the Tour Contract Contents cannot be changed or requires additional fee.) If the Tour Contract Contents cannot be changed, the customer shall cancel the Tour Contract and re-subscribe .In such case, the cancellation fee, penalty, etc. incurred from canceling shall be instructed in accordance with paragraph (1) of Chapter 6 –Cancellation of Tour Contract.
Chapter 6 – Cancellation of Tour Contract
(1) Voluntary Cancellation of Tour Contract by the customer
The customer may cancel the Tour Contract in whole or in part at any time, subject to payment of the expenses of the following items
① Expenses of Travel Services already received by the customer
② Expenses that should be paid to the Travel Service Provider as a cancellation fee and penalty concerning Travel Services the customer has not yet received
③ Handling/cancellation fee prescribed by the company.
(2) Cancellation of Tour Contract Due to a Cause Attributable to the customer
① The company may cancel the reservation where the Tour Price are not settled by the due date.
② The company will cancel the Tour Contract in case the customer is unable to settle the liability relating to his/her Tour Price, etc. as the credit card held by the customer becoming invalid
In case ①or ②, the expenses shall be paid by the customer:
● Expenses of Travel Services already received by the customer and expenses concerning Travel Services the customer has not yet received
● Expenses that should be paid to the Travel Service Provider as a cancellation fee and penalty concerning Travel Services the customer has not yet received and handling/cancellation fee prescribed by the company.
(3) Cancellation of Tour Contract Due to a Cause Attributable to the company
The customer may cancel the Tour Contract if it has become impossible to make arrangements for Travel Services due to causes attributable to the company. In such case, the company will refund the balance deducted the expenses of Travel Services already received by the customer and the expenses that should be paid to the Travel Service Provider from the Tour Price.
Chapter 7 – Travel Handling Fee (Handling Fee regarding Arranged Tour)
The customer does not have to pay a fee for procedures for booking, making a change as well as that for making a cancellation regarding Domestic Arranged Tour.
Chapter 8 – Responsibility of the company
(1) In performing a Tour Contract, if the company or its agent, causes damage to a Customer intentionally or by negligence, the company shall be responsible for compensating for the damage, provided that the company is notified within 2 years of the day following the date of occurrence of such damage.
(2) For the damage caused to baggage, the company shall compensate within the limits of 150,000 yen per Customer (except in a case where the damage was due to intention or gross negligence on the part of the company), provided that the company has been notified of the damage within 21 days the day following the date of occurrence of such damage.
(3) Exception Clause
If a Customer has incurred damage due to any other cause (as shown in the examples below) in which the company or the Arrangements Agent of the company is unable to intervene, the company shall not be responsible for compensating for the damage.
a. If the flight departure is canceled by a natural disaster, war, riot, flight delay, strike, etc. or if the itinerary is changed;
b. If the reservation is canceled due to overbooking by the accommodation or airline, or boarding is refused;
c. If the customer has lost or their air ticket, etc. or it is stolen;
d. If the customer has incurred damage due to any other cause in which the company or the Arrangements Agent of the company is unable to intervene;
e. If the customer does not board or misses the scheduled flight reserved due to the customer’s circumstances, and the air ticket becomes invalid because subsequent reservations were canceled.
Chapter 9 – Responsibility of the customer
(1) Liability for Damages
If the company has incurred any damage caused by a Customer, intentionally or by negligence, the customer shall compensate the company for such damage.
In concluding a Tour Contract, a Customer shall endeavor to understand the rights and obligations of the customer, as well as other contents of the Tour Contract, making good use of the information supplied by the company.
(3) Confirmation Obligation
At the presentation of the Contract Document, in order to smoothly receive the Travel Services, if the customer have realized that his/her requests differ from those mentioned in the Contract Document, he/she must promptly notify the company concerned to that effect.
(4) Flight Ticket
If the customer uses a single flight (discards return flight) without approve of the airplane company, the airplane company may charge a fare of single flight or the balance between applicable fare of round trip minus the used fare. In such case, the fare should be paid by the customer.
Chapter 10 – Usage Objectives and Provision of to A Third Party of Personal Information
(1) Regarding personal information described in the application form which the customer submitted, the company will send the information such as name of the customer to the provider of transportation, accommodation, etc. in advance for contacting with the customer or arranging services within a necessary range of arrangement in order to receive the services .
(1) In case the cancellation incurred by the circumstance of the airplane company, prescribed handling fee and administrative fee will not be covered by refund from the company even if the airplane company waived the cancellation fee.
(2) If the customer cancels the Tour Contract and a refund arise, all bank charges should be paid by the customer. The refund will be made by bank transfer.
(3) If the Tour Contract is cancelled due to discrepancy of the tour contents, etc., prescribed cancellation fee arises because Communication Contract shall be executed even when the Electronic Notice of Acceptance is not confirmed of its receipt due to the circumstance of the customer such as a defect of the receiving terminal.
(4) If the customer misses the connection flight due to changing in flight schedule by airline company and subsequent reservations were canceled, the company will not bare any responsibility other than fare of flight ticket (fare for local accommodation and other transportation).
(5) Airline miles The customer shall be responsible for inquiring about the service, registration, etc., of the airline mileage service concerning the membership program between the customer and airline. The company assumes no responsible for air mileage.
(6) Airline checked baggage fee There is a limit on the weight of baggage that can be checked free of charge, and payment of an excess baggage fee is required when said limit is exceeded. Please check with the airline as the limit differs with the flight and airline.
(7) The company recommends passengers to check in with a time allowance. Also we recommend to confirm with the airplane company of the departure/check in time because departure time may be changed without notice.